Citydollar

Discuss Doll And The City.

Moderator: Stephanie_Valentin

Re: Citydollar

Postby barnademon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:27 pm

That's nice! :) If you finish the game i bet there will be even more people coming to this site and if you look at it most of the people here are girls so you could talk to a makeup company and put their ads here. But this is just a suggestion, you will see. :)
barnademon

Postby ambre » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:19 pm

A lot of french online games are completely free. But they make a lot of money (and for some, A LOT) with allopass and stuff like that. For example, if you buy an allopass, it gives you more ingame money. But you have access to all the game without being "forced" to pay. In my opinion, I prefer these games to the ones where a part of the game is not free. And the only games where I bought an allopass are the completely free ones... because I appreciate the fact that they allow us to play wihtout real money. I hate when I begin to play, love the game, and after realize that I don't have access to that, that and that ^^' I don't know what you have planned with this game but maybe you could try this system ^^ (and I completely understand the fact that you need to be paid and that adds at the beginning of a game are not really worth it... but even with a new game, people are usually willing to buy allopass for more ingame money)
ambre

Postby barnademon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 pm

so you mean pay real money for in-game money? Because i think that's not really fair with people who can't (or don't want to) afford paying real money for a game and that way they wont be able to have as much stuff as the paying people have, so it's like cheating... They can have the stuff eventually too IF they play the game A LOT and earn in-game money that way but it takes a lot of time. With that you wouldn't even need to play the game, you could just buy Citydollars with real money, then what is the point of the game? I'ts like playing Sims with cheat codes for money which you get bored of in max a week except that cheat codes are free, lol.
barnademon

Postby ambre » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:55 pm

I don't really get your point here... ALL games are working like that ^^' There's not a single one without that option (or thell me which one it is because I've NEVER seen that). That's how online free browsers games work... and how they make money. I prefer to pay to have an in game cash bonus then to pay for a part of the game I would not have access too otherwise... And even with games that you have to pay for a part, there's STILL the option to have more ingame money... If they don't have this option, the game will just be a total flop (and trust me, i've worked with a company that makes online games).

And how come it's not fair for people who can't buy real money? You can still play ALL the game even if you don't pay real money. It's more fair if you can't pay real money and so you just have access to a part of the game? I really don't understand ^^' The player NEED to have an advantage... otherwise no one will buy codes and the company will make no money...

And by the way, for free online games, you CAN'T just play one day a month if you want to progress... the main point is to play almost every day if you want to progress faster without any codes. If you want MORE stuff quickly and can just play once in a while, you can buy codes. For example, there's a new dress. You have to play 3 days if you want to afford it or you can buy a code if you want it now. That's the main concept of free online games. If you don't like that, there's a real pc game you can buy with a cdrom ^^'

And people don't get bored if they really like the game even if they buy codes... a lot of them are still buying codes and playing 3 years after... and people who buy codes are usually the ones that stay years later.
ambre

Postby barnademon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:54 am

I never questioned that it's better if you have full access to the game without paying because I think that's better than having to pay to play the whole game. And i totally understand your point too but in my opinion it's better if you can't buy in-game money with real money cause then you would be able to buy anything in a day which would take like a moth (with everyday-playing) for a normal person who doesn't pay. I guess I think this way because I play MMO-s where you pay per month and it's cheating if you buy in-game money. It's just not fair with other people.

I played a game where you could buy in-game money on the game's website then buy these things called (if i remember right) "dragonballs" with your in-game money you bought. With the dragonballs you could make your weapons a lot stronger so what rich people would do is buy a shipload of those balls and become the best fighters in the game. That way the players who didn't buy in-game money from the website couldn't get as stronger and could never win against the rich people. Well that's not fair... I know this game isn't about killing each other XD (would be weird :lol: ) but still, you know what I mean.

If the makers would let you buy in-game money I think they should also put in a really hard game which only really good players could solve or a game which could only be completed if you log in like every day for a weak and winning those games would give you a lot of money... or I don't know, SOMETHING! :D So that way people who don't want to get into the game too much (but still buy nice things) can have fun and the people who get into the game can have fun AND the makers get more money too.

I don't want to argue though. Let Stephanie and Patrick decide. :P

PS: the Sims thing I told you about: maybe it's just me, cause I get bored of the game really fast if I use a lot of cheat codes. :mrgreen:
barnademon

Postby Stephanie_Valentin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks Ambre, you're totally right :D
Barnademon, I understand your opinion. We will try to do our best to satisfy everybody.
But we have to pay a lot for a provider and to have fast connections. And we have to pay for the translations (spanish, italian...) For the moment, we're working for free and we don't earn enough with advertising (5 euros a week).
We must also invest in advertising for our game, and it's not free ;-)
Stephanie_Valentin
Site Admin

Postby enalya » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Why not have the site similar to Zwinky? They have zbucks, which are earned by playing games, then theres zcard which you buy using paypal or a credit card. In the stores most stuff to buy is using zbucks, but some items (usually the really hot stuff) are zcard only.
enalya

Postby Stephanie_Valentin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:05 am

Then you can't use a part of the game ? I think it's better to have the possibility to play the complete game but if you want more ingame money you have to pay real money ? What do you think about that ?
Stephanie_Valentin
Site Admin

Postby ambre » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Voui, siouplait! *ok je sors* xD

Nah plus sérieusement, le système proposé par enalya a l'air d'être plus implanté chez les anglophones que chez les francophones et je me demande bien pourquoi... Personnellement, j'aime pas pour la simple et bonne raison qu'après je me sens obligée de mettre le vêtement vu que je l'ai payé de ma poche. Ce qui a tendance à me dégoûter assez vite du truc... Après j'ose plus rien acheter, les vêtements que je voudrais avoir du coup je peux pas, et finalement je deviens dégoutée du jeu aussi xD Alors qu'avec de l'argent virtuel bonus, j'ai pas cette sensation parce que c'est pas réparti en un seul morceau ou partie du jeu (je sais pas si c'est clair?) Bon après, j'suis peut-être la seule à réagir de cette manière :lol:

Désolée d'avoir écrit en français mais j'ai pas beaucoup de temps et ça me prend toujours du temps le dire en anglais et ça passe plus mal ^^' (d'ailleurs, quand est-ce qu'on peut écrire en français ou en anglais?)
ambre

Postby Stephanie_Valentin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:53 pm

FR :

Moi j'aime bien quand on écrit en français et il y a pas mal de français ici. Bon il y a un forum francophone mais c'est pas grave ;-)

On est en train de réfléchir à tout ça. Pour l'instant, on a pensé à un système d'abonnement pour un mois qui donnerait droit à :

- 300 citydollars
- Un système de revente des objets ou vêtements entre abonnés
- Pas de publicité sur les pages
- Des cadeaux : une pièce + une poupée

Pour les non abonnés, tout le jeu reste accessible avec une somme d'argent au départ et des cartes à gratter à gagner avec les mini-jeux. Les cartes feront gagner des objets, des vêtements ou de l'argent qu'on peut dépenser ou économiser à sa guise.

Je pense que cela reste honnête et ne brime personne. Qu'en penses-tu ?

EN :

We are thinking about a sort of subscription for a month. Subscribers will have some advantages :

- 300 citydollars
- They could sell to others subscribers
- No advertising
- Gifts : 1 room + 1 doll

Non subscribers could play to the complete game and buy dolls and rooms too.

Everybody have some money at the start. There will be games to win scratchcards each day. You could win clothes, furniture or money.

What do you think about that ?
Stephanie_Valentin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Doll And The City Forum