The weekly Fashion contest

Discuss Doll And The City.

Moderator: Stephanie_Valentin

The weekly Fashion contest

Postby LadyCoco » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:38 am

There's something I'm sure everyone has taken notice of, so let's make a discussion about it.

I feel like most of the time, regardless of the contest theme, the dolls that win are not what I expect to win. I always expect to see a really creative or cool looking doll in the results, but there have been very few of those to ever win.

Why do you think the winners of the doll fashion contest are usually the most normal looking or boring dolls?

And if you don't find them boring, what is it that you like about them that you think makes them win?

LadyCoco

Re: The weekly Fashion contest

Postby annikaxnijntje » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:31 pm

I do agree with you. I don't get it either. I 'm wondering the way of voting is the good way.
If I don't like any of the girls, why can't I say 'next' without voting? I think if that would be the way of voting, there would be a whole different result, or am I wrong?
I just can't imagine why people are sending in and voting dolls that doesn't fit the theme. Even at the 'be crazy' contest, I don't see crazy looks. I can't imagine too why people are voting dolls wearing clothes that almost everyone has. And why are people sending in dolls without clothes?

I see this is a pretty old subject, but I think it's still an important issue.
annikaxnijntje

Postby skynet » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:11 pm

I did topic on this theme is well. That even if there is a theme for contest, winers not very creative. And usualy win outfit that are same as in the shop. I mean same stuff weared as on doll in shop, people dont even change the colors.
skynet

Postby midj916 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:10 am

I see what you guys mean; many creative outifts are beat by simple ones that are copied from the shops. I don't understand why :| .
midj916

Postby josey2009 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:11 pm

I listed an outfit and then voted. I voted for almost 2 hours hoping to see my dress, but I never saw it once, however others I saw 4 or 5 times. Those are the ones that win because they are shown over and over. Maybe if there was a button where we could "skip" certain outfits we don't like or the nude dolls that don't bother dressing for the contest. I have seen 3 nude dolls at once and was forced to vote for one. This week is a Halloween contest though 80% are not dressed in a costume. Shouldn't we be allowed to skip those. Watch, they will win even though it clearly says "halloween" at the top of the page. Just my thoughts. Josey
josey2009

Postby skynet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Even if you dont like any of 3 costumes that shows, you HAVE to vote just to see next ones.
And thats vote makes "boring" costumes win(((
skynet

Postby dancergirl21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:44 pm

I had a question about the creations. Where would you find the hoodie for the girl doll? If you found the answer post a comment on my profile. Thx :P
dancergirl21

Postby vanexis » Sun May 20, 2012 12:53 am

Hola.Estoy de acuerdo con todos los comentarios sobre este tema.Yo tampoco entiendo por qué pueden presentarse muñecas sin vestir, sin colocar la ropa correctamente,se repiten siempre las mismas y tardas un montón en poder ver la tuya.Además opino que sólo deberían poder concursar creaciones propias, porque no tiene ningún merito vestir con creaciones de la tienda.
Por cierto he visto en algún comentario que no puedes pasar a las siguientes muñecas sin votar una, pero me parece que no es así.Yo hago doble click sin votar a ninguna y puedo pasar a las siguientes.
vanexis

Postby prena » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:54 pm

is thr any way tht without voting i change dolls in fashion week
prena

Return to Doll And The City Forum