What would you do if Doll and the city shut down?

Forum members introduce themselves here

What would you do if Doll and the city shut down?

Postby diva101 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:25 pm

This is a fourm where you can discuss what you would do if Doll and the city shuts down (Which I hope it dose'nt). You can ask questions and have them awnserd by me. You can (If you're new) you can use this fourm to make new friends and tell us what you would do if this website shuts down.
diva101

Re: What would you do if Doll and the city shut down?

Postby Stephanie_Valentin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 pm

It's not possible :D
Stephanie_Valentin
Site Admin

Postby minuette123 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 am

THAT COULD NEVER HAPPEN! :O!
minuette123

Postby willowskye » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 pm

I really, really hope this site does not shut down as I have already lived through that once.

I had played exclusively for 2/12 - almost three years on another site...I had spent a lot of money, time in decorating my doll's home and making friends. I loved the site so much that I became a moderator and then the Head Moderator/Board Admin (and then spent a LOT of time doing that.)

It shut down with less then 48 hrs. notice (for various and preventable reasons.)

Having lived through a site closing down, a site I put my heart and soul into, I can tell you that it feels like a part of you is being ripped off and stolen. You feel so helpless knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it. When going to a particular site becomes a habit and a part of your life you feel as if something is missing from your daily routine when the site is gone. Up until I found Doll and The City, I just kept wandering on the internet looking for another game to play...I was bored, angry and sad. I even considered cancelling my internet service as I really had nothing to do on the internet anymore.

I know things come and go, "for everything there is a season" I had to keep reminding myself, but...I really hope Doll and The City stays up for a long time to come. I noticed that this site is just over a year old now (am I correct in this?) If so, I am looking forward to watching it grow and evolve as time goes by.

If Doll and The City closes down anytime soon, I will defintely be very sad...again. *fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed that it doesn't close down for a long, long, long time to come.* :D
willowskye
Site Admin

Postby Stephanie_Valentin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 pm

I understand that you are sad but I hope you will enjoy here and make a lot of new friends ! The game can't close because it's me and my husband who work on this game and we create games together since 12 years :D
Stephanie_Valentin
Site Admin

Postby willowskye » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Thank you for your answer, Stephanie. :)

I shall rest easy now knowing that I can settle into my new home without any worry of it being taken away. (I was a little gun-shy after my last experience. Lol) Yay!!!

Vive Doll and the City! :D
willowskye
Site Admin

Postby Stephanie_Valentin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks a lot and have fun ;-)
Stephanie_Valentin
Site Admin

Postby vixen11 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:54 am

Yea that whole MDD thing really sucked I blame Acclaim mostly for everything that went down.
vixen11

Postby willowskye » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:44 am

Yay! Hi vixen11. So nice to see you on the boards. :D

I think there are a few places where responsibility lies in regards to MDD...Acclaim is definitely a big one of them. ;)

This is the first online place where I've felt at home since Dec 1/10. I really love it here! :D

Up until last week, I was still horribly bitter about it all. While I will always remain sad and hurt by what happened, in a weird way I'm kind of glad. I never would have found Doll and the City if it had not shut down. Lol

Stephanie and Patrick have created something wonderful, and you can tell they really care about us players.

I hope you like it here, vixen11...while it will never be MDD, I think Doll and the City is the perfect place for us "refugees" to become part of a new community. ;)
willowskye
Site Admin

Postby daneil » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:46 am

Spephanie, I'd kill you if that happened. :D & I'm serious.
Just as Willowskye said, i faced the same problem (but a little less emotionally.)
I hope it stays for a very long time
When is the "Doll & the city anniversary"?
Are they're any other games you've made in 12 years?
daneil

Next

Return to Introduce yourself